John Good Air is delighted to confirm it has been granted its own customs badge code for London Heathrow Airport to complement its badges at Manchester, Leeds Bradford and Liverpool airports.
John Good Air is now able to complete import and export customs clearance at one of the world’s busiest and most important airports which handled 1.5 million metric tonnes of cargo in 2015.
Air freight plays a key role in the logistics chain offering many advantages, especially for high value, low volume shipments. These include:
- Fastest method for delivering goods over long distances;
- Reliable with multiple flights and choice of carriers each day;
- High level of security with reduced risk of theft and damage;
- Less packaging required reducing cost;
- Generally lower insurance premiums compared with ocean freight;
- Flexibility to meet changing needs at short notice;
- Best mode of transport for perishable goods;
- Potential to create competitive advantages
On receiving its customs badge at Heathrow, Seamus Jennings, Managing Director, said: “We are delighted to be able to continue to expand our range of services having established our air freight division, John Good Air, back in January. With our own customs badge covering one of the world’s most important airports, London Heathrow, we will be able to control cargo at an earlier stage in the supply chain which will benefit our customers by offering greater visibility enabling them to make informed decisions.”
Discover more about our Air Freight services by clicking here .