The changes to Import Controls will affect what can and cannot be imported into the UK and the documentation and processes required when importing goods.
The following categories of goods will be affected by the updated Import Controls:
1) Products of Animal Origin (POAO) for human consumption (including Composite Products)
2) Animal By-products (ABP) not for human consumption
3) High-risk Food and Feed Not of Animal Origin (HRFNAO)
4) Fishery products and live bivalve molluscs
How will this affect our customers importing these goods from EU?
Imported goods will have to be accompanied by extra documentation and registrations including the following:
• All imports will require IPAFFS prenotifications to be completed no less than 24 hours before departure to GB.
• Registration to IPAFFS is Required.
• Digital copies of the Certified Export Health Certificates must be provided by the exporter before a prenotification can be made. In format approved by HMRC. Certified EHC
• Original Export Health Certificate must accompany the goods in transport.
• The relevant Border Control Post (BCP), must be notified as part of the process.
When will these be required, due to the delay?
• Import prenotifications, which would have been required in October 2021, for SPS (Sanitary and Phytosanitary) goods are now only needed from 1st January 2022.
• In January 2022, any goods that are Products of Animal Origin (POAO) do not require documentation to be to uploaded into IPAFFS (Import of Products, Animals, Food and Feed System) the EHC. However, prenotifications are still required.
• There is no need for PHYTO Certification (Phytosanitary certification), on SPS goods, until July 2022.
• The original EHC/Phytosanitary certifications must still accompany the goods from the 1st January 2022.
• Full customs declarations will be introduced from January 2022; however, safety and security declarations will not be implemented until 1st July 2022.
How can Good Logistics help with these changes?
As the updated Import Controls have now been pushed back until 2022, both ourselves and our customers will have longer to prepare for the changes ahead. However, our customers should still prepare and inform themselves about these changes. We do not want our customers to worry about these future changes. Good Logistics, have AEO Accreditation, providing years of experience in import and export customs procedures across a wide range of products and topics. We also have a team of dedicated customs specialists who can manage and provide the required application on IPAFFS with pre notification to the required BCP. We are here to help you.
For more information, please contact us: